The affirmation is that Scripture from the Old and New Testaments are the inspired, infallible and revealed Word of God. There is belief in the sinless life of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ; His miracles; His vicarious and atoning death; His bodily resurrection; His bodily ascension into heaven; and His imminent return.
Jesus is Lord over all things, and He is presently seated at the right hand of God the Father interceding for His redeemed. The Holy Spirit reveals the truth of God’s Word and endues men and women with power to minister. University of Fort Lauderdale was founded and functions under these biblical truths:
* The Bible is the unique, invaluable, authoritative foundation, divinely inspired and written within all canonical books of the Old Testament and New Testament.
* The full historicity and perspicuity of the biblical record of primeval history, indulging the literal existence of Adam and Eve as the progenitors of all people, the literal fall and resultant divine curse of the creation, the worldwide cataclysmic deluge, and the origin of nations and languages at the tower of Babel.
* The Trinity is the triune Godhead—one eternal, transcendent, omnipotent, personal God existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
* The Father is God, the first person of the Divine Trinity, is the infinite Spirit - sovereign, eternal, unchangeable in all His attributes. He is worthy of honor, adoration, and obedience.
* The Son is the Perfect, sinless humanity and the absolute, full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, indissolubly united in one divine-human person since His unique incarnation by miraculous conception and virgin birth.
* Redemption is the substitutionary and redemptive sacrifice of Jesus Christ for the sin of the world, through His literal physical death, burial, and resurrection, followed by His bodily ascension into heaven.
* Salvation is personal, from the eternal penalty of sin provided solely by the grace of God on the basis of the atoning death and resurrection of Christ, to be received only through personal faith in His person and work.
* The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead who convicts, guides, teaches, indwells, seals all believers in Christ, and fills those who yield to Him. The Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts to all believers; however, the manifestation of any particular gift is not required as evidence of salvation.
* Creation is the existing space-time universe and all its basic systems and kinds of organisms in the six literal days of the creation week.
* Satan is the existence of a personal, malignant being who acts as tempter and accuser, for whom the place of eternal punishment was prepared, where all who die outside of Christ shall be confined in conscious torment for eternity.
The Second Coming is the future, personal, bodily return of Jesus Christ to the earth to judge and purge sin, to establish His eternal Kingdom, and to consummate and fulfill His purposes in the works of creation and redemption with eternal rewards and punishments.
University of Fort Lauderdale was founded on these religious principles and serves as an educational vehicle to promote and advance Christian and secular education and learning.